Binge Eating Disorder Quiz
~ 1 min to take
This quiz is designed to help give you some idea about whether you might suffer from an eating disorder called binge eating disorder (BED). It is based upon the actual diagnostic criteria used to diagnose this disorder.
Instructions: For each item, indicate how much you agree or disagree with the statement. This takes most people less than 2 minutes to complete. Take your time and answer truthfully for the most accurate results.
I am a year old Female / Male / Other
1. I’ve experienced episodes of binge eating more than once.
2. My episodes of binge eating are characterized by eating during a specific period of time (say, within a 2-hour period), an amount of food that is definitely larger than what most people would eat in a similar period of time, under similar circumstances.
3. During my binge eating episodes, I’ve experienced a feeling that I lacked control over my eating (e.g., a feeling that I could not stop eating, or control what or how much I was eating during the episode).
4. The binge eating episodes I’ve experienced have included:
Eating much more rapidly than normal
Eating large amounts of food when not feeling physically hungry
Eating until feeling uncomfortably full
Feeling disgusted with myself, depressed, or very guilty afterward
Eating alone because of feeling embarrassed by how much I’ve been eating
5. My episodes of binge eating cause me great concern or distress.
Not at all
Just a little
Quite a lot
All the time
6. My binge eating episodes occur at least once a week for at least 3 months, on average.
No, they occur much more rarely than this
No, they only occur once or twice a month or so
Yes, or even more frequently
7. I'm currently diagnosed with either bulimia or anorexia.
8. How often do you experience your binge eating episodes?
Less than 1 binge eating episode/week
1-3 binge eating episodes/week
4-7 binge eating episodes/week
14 or more episodes/week