TO APPLY FOR MEMBERSHIP OF OUR FORUM EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
READ THE GROUP GUIDELINES BELOW BEFORE POSTING:
Welcome to the group! AEDRA is passionate about using health at every size principles and body acceptance in our work.
Cate is a therapist who runs AEDRA and provides therapy & coaching to people in Northamptonshire in the UK and worldwide via video.
Also, helping us Admin and facilitate is the amazing Katherine Argyrou
We are so excited and happy to have you here. Please carefully read the group guidelines before posting :)
🍽 THIS GROUP SUPPORTS THE PRINCIPLES OF HEALTH AT EVERY SIZE, BODY ACCEPTANCE, AND EATING DISORDER RECOVERY. This is NOT the place to debate those principles or question their validity. It's a group for people who are in favour of those principles and want support in learning more and putting them into practice in their lives. Asking questions and being open to learning is more than welcome, but undermining the core values of this group is not helpful.
🍽 PLEASE DO NOT POST ANY TRIGGERING MATERIAL in this forum. This includes:
* Weight/size talk (e.g. "I really want to lose X lbs." or "I went from X lbs. to Y lbs." or "I now wear a size X") or negative comments about larger bodies. It’s totally OK to discuss any struggles you’ve had to accept your size, but please speak in general terms and don’t voice any specific body-negative thoughts you’ve been having. For these discussions, please err on the side of caution and put a big "trigger warning" at the top and leave a bunch of white space before the post so that people don't accidentally see it.
* Diet talk (e.g. "I cut out X, Y, and Z foods" or "I ate X calories a day"), specific eating-disorder behaviors, or anything that could reinforce disordered eating or the diet mentality. Please DON'T write in support of any food rules or restrictions (which could trigger eating disorders or the “food police” in fellow participants’ minds). And again, if in doubt, post a trigger warning!
* Times/duration of exercise (e.g. "I cut back from working out X minutes a day/week to Y minutes," etc.)
* Any other "numbers" that might be triggering, e.g. measurements, food rules/rituals involving numbers, etc.
* Articles, videos, or other multimedia content that includes specific descriptions of disordered behaviors, weight talk, or triggering images (e.g. ads, illustrations, etc. that reinforce the “thin ideal” or depict emaciated bodies). Please don't share any triggering photos even WITH a trigger warning, since they can show up on other parts of the group page.
* Before-and-after photos. These can be super triggering to anyone who's struggling with body shame and disordered eating, so even if it might feel validating for you to share these photos, it's definitely not helpful or safe for the group.
* Language promoting restriction, the food addiction theory, conflating weight with health, challenging or undermining the body-acceptance movement, and so on. While you may find certain experiences to be true for you, and perhaps you’re still working through difficult thoughts around these concepts, it is unhelpful to the group as a whole to promote these ideas.
* Any posts in the above categories will be hidden or deleted, and the group admins/moderators may remove violators from the group at their discretion. In some cases we may ask you to edit and re-post without the triggering content if possible.
Please try to reframe any comments or questions before posting, in a pro-recovery way!
🍽 PLEASE DO SHARE:
* Resources that you have found to be helpful i.e. articles, videos, etc related to health at every size, eating disorder recovery, and body acceptance.
*Questions about how to incorporate these principles into your life.
* Your own personal stories and experiences of eating disorder recovery, intuitive eating and size acceptance
🍽 PLEASE DON'T PROMOTE OR MARKET THINGS HERE. If you're a business owner, content creator, or brand ambassador (paid or unpaid, official or unofficial), this is NOT the place to share about it.
* Promotional threads and comments will be deleted, and violators will be removed at the admins’ discretion.
* If you’re a fellow health/wellness professional, we'd love for you to offer your insight to other members of the group, but don't market your services (unless the moderators post a specific thread devoted to referrals) or reach out to group members via PM unless they contact you first.
🍽 PLEASE ALWAYS APPROACH OTHER MEMBERS WITH RESPECT, and do not make any disparaging comments toward one another. Offer love, compassion, and support for one another, even in disagreements. (For the safety of the group, we will remove anyone who violates this guideline—although I’m sure it’s unlikely we’ll ever need to do that!)
* Be aware that people on this group have intersecting identities that impact their view on the world. I want everyone to feel welcome on this group, no matter their gender, skin color, sexual orientation, age, body size, etc. All participants are welcome to discuss intuitive eating in relation to gender, race, sexuality, religion, etc., and let’s all be respectful about these differing perspectives and pledge to listen, rather than talk over one another or potentially invalidate someone else’s experience.
🍽IF YOU'RE REALLY STRUGGLING, please reach out to your therapist or treatment team for support. This group is NOT a substitute for professional psychological or medical advice. If you need help in the UK, please contact your GP or The Samaritans if you're feeling suicidal (call 116-123). In the U.S., please see NationalEatingDisorders.org or IntuitiveEating.org. If you're contemplating suicide, please call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1 800 273 TALK (8255) (United States) or visit Befrienders http://www.befrienders.org(worldwide).
DISCLAIMER: All content in this group, including medical opinion and any other health-related information, is for informational and educational purposes only and should not be considered to be a specific diagnosis or treatment plan for any individual situation. Use of the information contained in this group does not constitute a provider-patient relationship. Always seek the advice of your own medical and mental-health providers in connection with any questions or issues you may have regarding your own health or the health of others. In case of emergency please call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. Violators of group guidelines will be removed without warning at the moderators' and admins' discretion.